1. Because of the generous new salary scheme, we find that part time
staff do not need to be replaced----- as in the past.
(A) as often
(B) most often
(C) more often
2. Our candidate realizes that his position on free trade is
complicated and he would ----- the opportunity to explain it to your
3. Even when he is short of money he keeps $20 in the bottom of his
shoe ----- there is an emergency.
(B) in spite of
(D) in case
4. We should promote the fact that our return and refund policy is
much better than ----- of any of our competitors.
5. The downward trend in technology stocks started three months ago
----- is expected to continue until the European economy improves.
6. If you had told us that your guest was interested in Native
American Art, we certainly ----- for a trip to the museum.
(A) had arranged
(B) would have arranged
(C) will arrange
7. Until we installed the new insulation, heating was the -----
largest overhead expense we had.
8. All employment ----- must include the names and telephone numbers
of at least two personal references.
9. If the elevator cannot ----- a load of more than 13 people we
will have to install a second one.
10. Some African countries have a death penalty for poachers who
hunt animals that are in danger of -----.